Carnage in Ring
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle Scars (Codi)

Go down

Battle Scars (Codi) Empty Battle Scars (Codi)

Post  Tom Midas Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:38 pm

The video feed begins to play. In a dark, unrecognizable room stands a lone figure. After a few moments, the lights suddenly turn on, revealing that the figure belongs to Codi Deathlock. She's wearing a white tank top and black leather pants. She holds up her right arm, revealing a heavily stitched wound from her fall last week.
-
Codi: "Battle Scars, Tom. You managed to do a number on me last week, but I'm still alive, I'm still kicking. I will still get my revenge. You will still get your comeuppance."
-
She lets her arm drop back down to her side, and an expressionless face is what she sports as the camera pans back up.
-
Codi: "I've been informed that the company is going to give me one shot, one opportunity to prove that I am what I hate... That I am a wrestler. If I do so, I will be given a short term contract with CiR, if I lose the match, however... They will prosecute me the next time I step foot at a CiR event."
-
The corner of her lips move ever so slightly upward in a subtle grin.
-
Codi: "It's not like that would stop me anyway. You know that Tom. But I'd be stupid not to take an opportunity that lets me inflict the misery that you've helped bring onto me easier."
-
She looks off camera, attempting to regain composure.
-
Codi: "But you seemed to do a pretty good job of that yourself didn't you, Tom? Finally a rash decision you made came back to hurt not just others, but yourself as well."
-
She points upward, and a digital clock is shown above her head, crimson red numbers changing each second. It is counting down, and is just a few hours over 14 days.
-
Codi: "Will you even be able to compete by the time Extreme Rewards is around, Tom? Will you even want to face the fact that I will not go away... I will not die.

At the very least, not die without dragging you down to the same miserable place you've sent thousands of others over the years."

-
She glances upward at the clock.
-
Codi: "That Tom? That's how long you've got left to "enjoy" your career. To enjoy the man that you became when you became a wrestler. To soak in the realization that your own undoing is going to be caused by a woman... a wrestler... a monster you helped create."
-
She pauses for a moment, having realized that after every word her voice was steadily increasing in volume. She takes a deep breath and continues, now in a monotone.
-
Codi: "You talk about sins a lot, Tom. But those are excuses. There isn't some part of you deep inside, a part of your basic reptilian brain that causes this.

You, just like everyone else who has ever lived... Made a choice. A conscious one, that whatever damage you left in your wake was not your fault. That there was always an excuse as to why you were a horrible person, to why you didn't need to seek the answer to the question you should be asking yourself.

Why do I hurt people?"

-
???: "Self-reflection is too tall of an ask, though. So continue saying that wrath is what brought you here. Tell me and everyone in the crowd how you had no control when you retired my father, and sent Alyssa on the path that would eventually lead to her being a destructive force instead of a constructive one for the CiR brand.

Force feed me that, and all your other lies Tom. I will love every moment of me spitting them back out into your face.

Everything up until now has just been the prelude, the rising action. And I'm sure you know what happens after one of those in a story, don't you?

Your crisis is coming."
Tom Midas
Tom Midas

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum